Friday, December 29, 2017

The Only Way Out is Up Part 1-The Set Up

I've been listening to Joe Rogan's interview with two professors about Political and Social Evolution.(<click)
I'm one of those nerds who dig this sort of stuff and considering the politics of the day it's probably a good idea to pay attention.  When I was pretty small in the mid 1950's there was a book in our house of photographs of Nazi concentration camps.  I can remember wondering how could this possibly happen?  How could the people go along with such horror?   Now watching our current situation in our country I understand.


These professors are trying to break that down.  I have a love-hate for higher education especially growing up in a college town where very smart people live in little mental boxes.
The world politics at this moment are all over the place.  It could go either way.

My morning coffee ritual is to check out late night satire like Stephen Colbert.


Political satire keeps it real.  You can say things with a smile that you can't with a club.
Thank God for Jon Stewart!

 I can't wait for Al Franken to host SNL now that he is no longer restrained by the Senate.


If I let my mind wander too far I start picking up past lives...of course, who really knows.
When I worked with Tess at LaBoca in Santa Fe I was doing a reading for her.  I started getting a Vision of her on a small stage doing a comedy schitck during the French Revolution saying "Let them eat cake!"  and look where that led.  She was so cute because being half Navajo she had never heard that phrase I guess and had no idea what I was talking about.
By my second cup of coffee I'm checking out news clips and making comments like
“The FAKE NEWS media  is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!”   Trump tweet 
 "Lügenpresse"    A slur used by Hitler and his Nazis that means  "Fake News"  
 It's freaking me out a bit because my comments are being kept at the top of more recent comments. 

It's obvious that societies are at a turning point.  I hate it when people are throwing out that the world is going to end.
 Earth keeps keeping on even if it has to limp.

 So I've been thinking about what the next step is after listening to professors talk about it like a doctor writing out a prescription.  
The planet is not a machine and people are not cogs.  Real medicine is not replacing body parts and giving aspirin.
 Our Mind creates our Reality.  There is no higher law.
This by the way is high on my list of  "wants".     :)

The Only Way Out is Up

No comments:

Post a Comment