Monday, June 9, 2014

Experiment


While sitting in the sun with my coffee I was thinking about Why this is an experiment.  On several levels cause I do things Just Because.
I don't plan to put deep roots here, and after a year will move closer to my family up north.   In the mean time I put myself in the middle of some great art.  One Friday night a month is the art crawl going from gallery to gallery to see the latest artist.  I've given myself a year to just hang out and see what I can create.  There are just some questions you have to ask yourself.  Is there anything I would regret not doing?  And this is it for me.  What sort of art would I do if I hung out in this place?
Working for an art store I've gathered the supplies that I need.  I want to explore that creative process.

The other aspect of this is allowing synchronicity.  That stuff is building up and I want to see how far I can ride this out.  What kind of bridle do I need to point this Energy in the direction I want to go?
And it's about silly stuff.  I had someone ask for a particular box of tea candles which I had no clue about and no time to check it out or help and I felt bad.  Then ALL afternoon people were bringing up boxes of the candles I needed.  A silly amount.  And that is just a silly example.
So part of the Experiment is too see how far I can allow Magic in my life.

And the third part is this Cocktail Party idea.  I always liked that party game where you choose who you would want to spend a dinner party with.  Any one from history.  We can't do that but there are plenty of cool people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment