Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Three More Weeks Till I Move

....and I'm a bit edgy.  Things are boxed and I can't find stuff.  It's times like these that I realize how OCD I can become and my little morning rituals are being disturbed.
The Household is breaking up. 
Three years ago I answered a Craigslist ad for a room to rent on a whim to go to Santa Fe.  I'm  always impulsive with my tax refund.  And I moved in with Rose and Desi. Going back in my Dream Journal I was a bit freaked when I realized I had been dreaming of them for the past two years.  Even of Joey the Bassett.   And before we all moved to Santa Fe we were living a few blocks from each other in Vancouver, Washington at the same time. 
The Girls are Navajo, an aunt and niece.  They hadn't been there very long and the house was spacious.  It's been a very peaceful place to put oneself together.  Literally.  Bell's Palsey is an interesting condition to have.  To wake up and not recognize your face was shocking.  What a psychological drama.  My identity had been wiped out which then put me in a financial spiral.
You could not pay for that kind of "Rebooting".  I hate to sound like a Hippie, but it has been a Trippy Ride. 
And three years later I'm having Cocktail Parties downtown Santa Fe.  I haven't caught up with myself yet so that is why I'm edgy.  I don't see it as having a home but as an experiment.  Next year I'll move back to Durango to be closer to my  kids. 
One of the videos on micro-living was talking about how it forces you to be out more and get more done and meet more people.  You can only stay in a small box for only so long.  So it's an experiment to see how life will unfold with this unusual chance to be there.
And I really do need to be less reclusive.

Where I'm at now is at the edge of town in a well manicured enclosed neighborhood surrounded by a "wilderness" belt that I walk a half hour to get to my bus stop...while keeping an  eye out for the coyote.  He posed while I photographed him, but I still don't trust him. 
 Last week a bobcat slowly strolled down the street.  It's rumored that small dogs are missing.  On the whole a very quiet place.  When I move there will be about a half dozen bars within a block and constant tourist traffic.  We'll see if I can fulfill my lease?  LOL  But no worries, I have several people who are waiting in line for when I move out.
Here is a link to the book Rose wrote about her life.  If you live in this country you should know this story.
http://www.bluewaterpublications.com/findhln/

No comments:

Post a Comment